The Key to a successful digital health transformation
In its 2020 European Semester review of Member States’ health systems, the European Commission pointed at issues with the development and use of digital health services, ‘with insufficient coordination and cooperation between healthcare providers, and a limited integration of health and social care services’.
Digital Skills and Literacy
- Include a focus on digital health literacy in the Digital Education Action Plan•
- Encourage the development of specific curricula and life-long training programs for key stakeholders
European Health Data Space
- Rapidly create a European Health Data Space to enable facilitate health data exchanges and strengthen cooperation across Member States.
- Promote interoperability of health data systems through the further development of common interoperability standards
- Explore and invest in research to enable explainability of AI
- Recommend the use of the ethics guidelines for trustworthy AI